We require an Accountant Assistant in a small size but growing CPA firm located in Metrotown. This job may start on full-time basis, or on the part-time (around 3 days per week) basis in the first 2 months, but will move to the full-time basis soon after 2 months.
For this position, we require that you have the following:
– Minimum 1 year locally full-cycle accounting skills, working in the hospitality industry or accounting firm is an asset. Good documentation work experience is another asset.
– Familiar with Quickbooks for the full-cycle accounting; intermediate level of Excel. Experience in ERP is an asset.
– Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
– Strong communication and business writing in English; fluent in English and Mandarin.
– Accounting diploma is required for this position.
– Can start work by October 17, 2017, ideally start work on October 12, 2017.
Your main responsibilities will be:
– A/R and A/P activities; Payroll setup and payments; GST/PST filing; Source Deduction remittance.
– Collect all POs and inventory receiving slips, match slips with bills, and ensure the proper and timely payments;
– Monthly reconciliations, including bank reconciliation, credit cards, petty cash, employee benefit package, inventory etc.
– G/L entries, capital asset management
– Setup and manage the efficient documentation system for firm and firm’s clients
– Assisting licensed accountant, as required.
– Work in the client’s office in Vancouver West and Richmond; sometimes work in CPA firm in Burnaby, as required.
Please submit your resume as a PDF or Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please include a cover letter that says what kind of accounting and office software you are proficient in, and also what your career goals and aspirations are. We want someone who becomes part of our “team” and will thrive at being an important asset in a busy firm.
- CPA firm’s location: Burnaby
- Compensation: $15 to $20 per hour depending on the experience and abilities
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you!